Hemoglobin level low. Stopped chemo. Survival? Will there be cardiac arrest?

My Father s hemoglobin level was 8.2 at last Drs visit. we are choosing to stop all chemo treatments and I would like to know, how long can a person survive with this level and how fast it can go down from here and what happens when it goes lower? Will a heart attack be the most likely to happen or do other organs shut down first. He started out with skin cancer and then it has spread to his brain. He falls down like a rag doll at any given moment. How low does the level get before we know he is close to the end? If we start Hospice care I, believe they don t administer any shots to boost it so, what can we expect? Please, be frank and I thank you for your input and time. Sincerely, Wendy
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012