Hemochromatosis. Can cannibis oil be used?

im reading a lot about medicinal use of cannibis oil, my dad real sick thru hemachromatosis, i m looking for info as to wether my dad will benifit nhs cant do very much now, we will try anything thankyou
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM!
Hemochromatosis is the abnormal accumulation of iron in parenchymal organs, leading to organ toxicity.
Patients with hereditary hemochromatosis may be asymptomatic (75%) or may present with general and organ-related signs and symptoms. The most common signs at the time of presentation are hepatomegaly , skin pigmentation, and arthritis.
The goal of treatment is to remove the iron before it can produce irreversible organ damage. Once diagnosed, hemochromatosis is treated by phlebotomy to rid the body of excess iron and to maintain normal iron stores.
Chelation therapy with iron chelation agents is recommended
Surgical procedures are used to treat 2 important complications of hemochromatosis: end-stage liver disease and severe arthropathy. Orthotopic liver transplantation is the only therapeutic option when end-stage liver disease progresses despite iron-reduction therapy.
Proper management can slow down the process of iron deposition and hence slow down the damage.cannabis oil has no documented role in treatment.
Stay in touch with your hematologist for proper management of your dad.
hope this helps!
Take care!
General & Family Physician Dr. Satyanarayana Garre's  Response
Yes sir they are few reports saying use cannabis but as such hemochromatosis is progressive disease use of cannabis is only add om therapy...