Hematoma, spongy lump resembling a bulged vein post using vacuum tube for blood drawl. Worrisome?

This may sound dumb. I know that when you do a blood drawl with a butterfly needle you a suppose to use a syringe not a vaccume tube. I was not paying attion to the person doing my blood drawl from my hand . This person went side ways not the way of the vein also going in the V part and then I noticed after I ask her to get it out that she used a vaccume tube. The hematoma started right away. Now my hand has pain a spongy lump and what looks like a bulged vein where a vein was not there before. Should I worry or not. I did put ice on my hand afterwards for about 20 mins. This happend today at 10:20am it is now almost 6 pm.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012