Hematoma on the thigh, ultrasound done, have stinging and rash on the site, taking antibiotics. Cause of stinging?

I have a hematoma on my mid thigh on the side (i.e. not the quadricep side) I ve had an ultrasound and the hematoma is in the subcutaneous fat layer. The underlying muscle is unaffected. I did it nearly a month ago and now the area is stinging. I ve developed a rash on the site which my doctor has prescribed a broad spectrum ointment which is anti fungal/antibiotic and has an antihistamine. The rash seems to be getting better I am also taking antibiotics. Why is the hematoma stinging?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012