Hematoma on my fingertip

i have a sort of hematoma on my fingertip, what should i do?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Aug 2010
How did you have that ? If it is small it will get absorbed by the body with in 1-2 weeks .If it is large it might need drainage .
  Anonymous's Response
i was lifting two weights and they sort of minutes pinched the top of my fingertip. then like 5 minuted late it just started filling with blood and got abit bigger by suppertime. by then it was a pretty big blood bubble so i sterilized a sewing needle and pierced it, draining it and then applying cream and a bandaid, then before i went to bed i did the same thing case it refilled.