Hematoma after withdrawing blood on the right arm, painful and sensitive to touch. Is applying ice ok or medication required?

I had blood draw approx 2 months ago that caused a hemotoma. Draw ws on right arm inside elbow to the left of the main vein . That area of arm has been painful but I kept thinking it would go away. today I have a 1 inch lump at that spot which is very sensitive to touch,. I plan to try ice today and decide if I need to return to clinic. Please advise as to urgency of this. and is ice the correct tx. Do I need to return to clinic sooner or at all.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
not to worry at all dear, ice application is ok. may use thrombophob ointment if it is not dissolving and troubling u. no need to panic, will dissolve on its own, going through diff. stages and colours. leave it and relax.