Heel injury, numbness in toes, tingling in toenail, loss of sensitivity. Has nerve damage occurred?

I recently injured my foot by slipping and hitting a blunt object. I had a deep gash that was about 1/2 inch wide and 1/8 inch deep on the bottom of my foot near the back of my arch close to my heel. I received 4 stitches to close it up. When the injury occurred, all of my toes had a slight numbness or tingling feeling. Several hours after, the tingling went away on all of my toes except for my big toe. I have feeling in my toe but there is a slight tingle or numbness on the bottom, sides, and toenail part of my toe. Could I have done some nerve damage from the injury or could the actual impact have shocked my nerves? Will the feeling come back?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012