Heel became blue after having pain in the toes. Blue lumps present. Concerned about long flight travel

i was walking the dog and couldn t wait to get back because all of a sudden each step hurt my 3rd and 4th toes and the balls below them with each step. when i got home, i elevated my legs to try to release the pain. then i went to massage the foot and realized that the inside of my right foot below the ankle on the heel part is blue. i checked out the rest of that leg and also have 2 small round blue lumps . No history of vericose veins problems. my concern is that I fly quite often to overseas destinations for business and have another flight scheduled next week to Singapore from NY. Last flight a couple of weeks ago elft my legs feeling painful especially the right leg. should i be concerned or better yet, is there something i can do to help myself?
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

Massaging after a trauma is not a good option as it can worsen the condition and increase internal bleeding from the fractured parts.

I suggest you to get an xray of the affected part and immobilize the same with a brace or crepe bandage.

Wish you good health.