Thanks for writing your query to us.
Since your baby is 5 months old, you might be breast feeding your baby. I would advise not to be in hurry to start vigorous diet just to decrease your weight. If you have stopped breast feeding than you can start with your weight loss
To lose weight, you need to get your body to use up these stores of fat. The most effective way to do this is to:
• reduce the amount of calories you eat
• increase your levels of activity.
Reduce your calorie intake
Eating 300 to 500 calories less per day should lead to a loss of between one and two pounds per week.
Fat contains the most amount of calories out of all the food types (protein, carbohydrates), so a good way to achieve this is to cut down on fatty foods and eat more wholegrain bread, fruit and vegetables.
Below are ways to reduce calorie intake without having to alter your diet significantly.
• Replace fizzy drinks and fruit cordials with water,coconut water.
• Swap whole milk for semi-skimmed, or semi-skimmed for skimmed.
• Eat less lunch than usual. For example, make your own sandwich and limit the use of margarine or butter and full-fat mayonnaise (store-bought sandwiches often contain both) .Include salads in your diet before starting your meals. Salad make you feel full.
• Stop taking sugar in tea and coffee. Switch to green tea.
• Have smaller portions of the food you enjoy.
• Avoid having a second helping at dinner.
• Cut out unhealthy treats – such as sugary biscuits and crisps between meals.
• Cut down on alcohol intake.
All these things will influence your health in a positive way.
Finally & important don't skip breakfast – or any meal to lose weight. While skipping a meal will reduce your calorie intake for that hour, it will leave you much hungrier later on. Irregular eating habits disrupt body's metabolism
, which makes it harder to lose weight .
Increase your activity levels. This will help to burn calories & loss weight.