Thanks for consulting us.
Excessive vaginal discharge
is a very common complain. But mostly it is getting treated on clinical evaluations alone. In difficult cases like your it is better to have a full evaluation. I want to discuss few things:
1. Have you tested your vaginal discharge by doing lab tests like ( Vaginal swabs, PH testing etc )? as sometimes a discharge that looks normal & is without smell may come out to be pathological & may respond to antibiotic treatment.
Have you been screened for STDs? sometimes there is no other symptom apart from excessive vaginal discharge. If not please get screened.
2. Are you regular with your cervical smear tests? as a diseased cervix may present by producing excessive secretions. If not please go for it.
3. Are you using birth control pills? as this may increase vaginal discharge & changing your birth control choice to a non hormonal
method is likely to help.
4. Do you have any other symptom related to genital tract pathology? as sometimes an Endocervical polyp, cervical Ectropion
, or even genital tract malignancy may present this way. Simple tests like pelvic ultrasound
& out patient Hysteroscopy
may help in diagnosis.
5. I would like to know the mode of your last delivery & was there any complication?I hope your consultants must have ruled out the possibility of a small fistula you may have developed during your last child birth. This can be detected by using imaging techniques you may discuss this with your gynecologist.
6. Do you have symptoms like itching, burning, dysuria
7. Are you using any hygiene practices? like douches, bath products, talcum powder as they may cause you to produce excessive discharge. Stopping these may help with your problem.
8. Do you have any allergies? as avoiding contact & anti allergic remedies may help with your symptom.
9. Any other medical problem like diabetes
may aggravate these symptom. Good sugar control is likely to help.
I think I have provided you with a desired response.
Hope you get well soon.