Heavy smoker with a hoarse voice. Had tonsils surgery in the past. Remedy?

Hello Sumit I have hoarse voice, I think is happening due to irritation of smoking . I am not heavy smoker. I just smoked a pack of cigarettes after 6 months which made my voice very distorted. Fro last 5-6 days I am resting, doing gargles but not even close to recovery. It happened second time with me due to smoking. So I know it is most likely due to smoking but I may be wrong, I have had tonsils operation 6-7 years ago. I have some tablets of Serratiopeptidase and Diclofenac Sodium .Last time when I struck with bacterial infection doctor prescribed with me with antibiotics and above tablets. I was having hoarse voice last time with infection. May I know what to do now.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013