Heavy smoker since many years, quit smoking recently. Coughing phlegm, light green/yellow mucus, dry cough sometimes. Should I see a doctor for lung tests?

I am a 30 year old female who just recently (5 days ago and going strong) kicked my 15 year smoking habit. I smoked anywhere from 3/4 of a pack to a whole pack a day. When I was smoking, I would cough up small bits of mucus or phlegm , mostly in the morning, but also throughout the day. The mucus was light green/yellow and sometimes had some brown in it. This was going for a long time too. The first three days after I quit, I was also coughing a lot, but it was more of a dryer cough and wasn t producing any phlegm. I don t know if the mucus I was coughing up is something I should be concerned about. I guess I am asking if I should see my primary doctor for some tests on my lungs now that I have quit smoking .
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012