Heavy smoker. Quit smoking. Taking qvar, albuterol. Experiencing shortness of breath, chest pain. Withdrawal symptoms?

Hello, A little background: I started smoking cigarettes and marijuana at the age of 15. Before I quit I was smoking about 15 cigarettes a day and also marijuana daily. During the 14 years of this I quit marijuana for a combined total of 3 years but when I did smoke I smoked daily. I had never quit cigarettes until July 4th 2012. In the past 4 months I have smoked a few cigars and a total of 3 cigarettes, I also have not smoked any marijuana. I have been having issues of shortness of breath starting around month 2 and still continuing today. I am currently using Qvar daily and Albuterol if needed. Im wondering if these symptoms are consistent with quitting smoking or if there is a more serious issue at play. When I take a deep breath I get kind of a pain in my lower to mid back and my chest feels kind of tight. When I was younger I had a breif bought of exercise astma but never anything serious. I turned 30 in September of this year.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012