Heavy smoker. Experiencing chest pain several times a day. Reason?

Hi, my name is Stephanie and i m 28 years old. I ve been a smoker for the past 11 although for the past 8 months i ve been smoking very heavily sometimes 2 packs a day due to some drastic changes in my life style. I ve been experiencing slight chest pain daily, mostly in the left side of my chest and sometimes in the middle. Theres nothing really that brings it on or aggitates it that i can think of. Its a dull ache that accurs several times daily. Its really starting to worry me. Could something serious be wrong?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013