Heavy perspiration, frequent hot flushes, thyroid under normal, crossed menopause. Cause?

Hello! I am a female, aged 56, post- menopause . I recognise that I perspire a lot and that could be due to hot flashes. But does this perspiration also mean that I am burning energy? I get these perspiration bouts frequently but my last check-up on my Thyroid profile (Sat, 28th April 2012) was normal; all within the range for T4, T3 to TSH . (I used to be hyperthyroid ). I have been off medication for 2 years now and have been going for regular blood tests to monitor my thyroid. Your answer is much appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012