Heavy periods with blood clots. Ultrasound, pap smear normal. Having pelvic discomfort. Reason?

hi i am having heavy periods lately with blood clots . i am 44 yrs old and putting it down to starting the change. i had 2 periods in feb i was putting it down to the moon phase. so i was told. i dont feel to well lately. i had a period last week and everytime i wipe myself there is blood on the tissue . i have had a ultrasound lately on my overies that came back clear. my smear was clear as well tg. there is a history of womb problems on my mothers side and my sisters have some womb issues. i am worried there is alot more going on. i also have some pelvic discomfort today.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013