Heavy periods, unbearable pain. Why is it happening? What shall i do?

Hi, I m an eighteen year old girl and i m really worried about my periods. When i m on, they last for up to nine days at a time, and never any less than five. They re extremely heavy, i have to wear a super plus tampon , plus a maxi pad, a night time pad and a pad used for women after they give birth, all of which i have to change every 2 to 4 hours. The pain is often unbearable and leaves me doubled over and reduces me to tears , I also find it difficult to walk when i m menstruating. Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do? Hannah
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013