Heavy periods, severe pain. Mirena implant inserted. Laproscopic surgery for endometrioris. Treatment?

I had the mirena implant April 2011 and by October 2011, my periods had stopped. (got it to help control endometriosis ). In March of 2012 I had a laproscopic surgery to look at any endometriosis spreading since I was experiencing some severe pains. After the surgery, I bled until mid-May and since then I have been having very heavy periods (soaking a super tampon in 2 hours or less) lasting 8-9 days, and cycling less than 28 days. I have never had periods this heavy before. Should I contact my doctor to see if maybe the mirena was effected by the surgery?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  10 Awaiting Answer