Heavy periods. Ultrasound shows anteverted uterus, thick endometrium. Treatment?

sir My wife is suffering bleeding during menstrual period and we consulted a gynenacologist. After examining her and carried out tests and scanning the result is like this: Uterus is anteverted measures6.9x5.6cm. Normal myometerial echo pattern seen and no focal mass seen. Thick endometrium measures 24mm. Cervix shows nabothian cysts ,largest one measuring 0.8. Right ovary measure s. Left ovary 3.3x1.3 cm shows corpus luteum Minimal fluid seen in cul de sac. IMPRESSION:- Thick endometrium measures 24 mm Cervix shows nabothian cysts,largest one measuring 0.8cm. This is the result of scanning and again consult the doctor and she told us for to get ready for operation. Sir I want to know that,Is it necessary to do operation .Is there any medicine for this.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012