Heavy period with extreme cramps, pelvic pain, light headedness. Had continuous flow post cervical biopsy, loop diathermy.

hi i had a cervical biospey and loop diathermy 3 weeks ago, i have been bleeding every day since then which i have not been too concerned about since they say this can last up to 6 weeks. however i have since this monday gone (4 days ago) come on my period. this is like no other period i have ever had!! extreme cramps , my pelvis hurts, very heavy bleeding (changing pad every hour) i get light headed when i stand also. are the two linked? am i just bleeding alot from the biopsey still and now my period? iam very anxious as i also have not had my biosley results back either. thanks
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
The heavy bleeding that you are having during the periods is not related to the biopsy you had. This can be due to hormonal disturbance and needs treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,