Heavy palpitation, throbbing noise in ear post climbing up and down the stairs, high calcium in heart, advised echo. Worrisome?

I went up and down the stairs 3 times and my palpitation went faster than normal and I could also feel the palpitation inside my ear like a throbbing noise . What does that indicate? Is that serious or normal? I went through a CT Scan and my doctor advised that I have too much calcium in my heart and he recommended for me to have an eco..something. I cannot remember the exact name but he said something like a tube will be inserted into my groin and I will be under local anaesthetic. Am I seriously ill? Please advise. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012