Heavy painful bleeding. Treated with thermal balloon in the past. Suggested hysterectomy. Going on vacation. Any medications to stop the periods?

Hi I have server painful & heavy periods that I have had some pervious medical help with (thermal balloon) that did help at the time but 2 years on it seems to of gone back to the way it was !!! my cycle is & has always been about every 17 days with 2/3 days of very heavy bleeding & very painful that I have had to work around for a number of years, I’ am 47 & was offered a hysterectomy over a year ago but due to circumstances at the time & due to my age I though there would be a good chance I would go through the menopause very soon, I think this was wishful thinking, so my question is; I am due to go on a family holiday on the 28th Aug to Mexico & unfortunately I will be due to start a period right in the middle, this will cause a lot of discomfort as I have a lot of water & bloating & painful breasts the week leading up to the period followed by 2/3 days of a heavy & painful flow that usually have take a full packet of the feminax ultra & sometime an additional pain relief as well, during these 2/3 I have to stop at home. Is there anything I can take that would stop me have the period ???????? Steph Allan
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  15 Awaiting Answer