Heavy menstrual flow with clotting, history of atypical parkinson's, dystonia, urinary retention-possible neurogenic bladder, current herniated disc. Any remedies ?

I have heavy menstrual flow with clotting -this has been addressed with Dr previously- when using a tampon , during the heaviest flow, I will fill a super-plus tampon in 20-30 minutes if during this time I use a pad instead, little if anything will show on the pad, however, when i start to urinate, everything flows out, blood, clots, etc -very heavy, just as it is when i use the tampons- almost like it just does not flow out unless I am urinating, not in between- I used to wear pads and never had this happen, but it has done so for my last 4 periods (not sure how many before as I jsut recently went back to pads for other reasons) i will note I also have neurological history (atypical parkinson s, dystonia , urinary retention- possible neurogenic bladder , severe back problems including current herniated disk L5-S1) and I am not sure if this could be related to those things or something totally unrelated I am 38 and aside from the above neuro issues, overall healthy- regular periods Just thought this was a bit odd
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012