Heavy menstrual bleeding, for 2 days, then stopped, causes

i am a 34 year old women. My menstrual bleeding stopped after two days. Why is it like this ? Two days the bleeding was very much on the higher side
Asked On : Sat, 3 Mar 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Helllo. welcome to HCM.
In the normal menstrual cycle, active bleeding is only for 2-3 days. The remaining days, just the already shed of endometrium is expelled. If you did not have any form of abnormality before this cycle and if you did not pass large clots in this cycle, it is advisable to wait for at least a cycle more. If this problem repeats, you can go in for a USG and hormonala ssays.
take care.