Heavy menstrual bleeding. Prescribed Pause. Is it safe to take regularly?

Hi, I have been having heavy menstrual bleeding for some years now. My gynae has prescribed PAUSE 500 mg. despite taking the med I still feel my bleeding is heavy but comparatively it is lesser than before. My question is if Pause safe to be taken every month? Secondly, due to the heavy bleeding over a long period of time, I am anemic now. I am on Iberet folic daily. I realized too much iron has caused heatiness in my body and I get discharge frm my eyes. My gynae has done a thorough test on me and didn t find any problems with my uterus and ovary. Why do you think I am bleeding heavily? Thirdly, I also experience severe hair loss . Is this due to low iron in my body? Will the iron supplement alone help to bring back my serum ferritin and red blood cell count back to the normal range? Can I do anything to reduce the hair fall? This has caused low self esteem in myself.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013