Heavy, long and irregular periods. Prescribed birth control pills. Ultrasound, blood work, pelvic exam report normal. Suggest

Since the start of this year I have been having real long, heavy, irregualr periods. The first time i went to the doctor i went to my primary physician who prescribed me birth control pills to stop the bleeding because i had been bleeding real heavy for 18 days or so. I was instructed to take 3 pills throughout the first day, 2 teh second day, and one a day until i completed the pack. 2 weeks later my period began again and after 14 days I went to the emergency room for this issue. They gave me a pelvic exam, ultrasound, blood work and didnt find anything. i was sent home and was told to see a gynecologist. I made an appointment with a gyneclogist who prescribed me refills for the same birth contol pills i was given. she also did a pelvic exam and more blood work, tested for std's and everything came back ok.Well now we are on month 3 and I have been on my period for 10 days today. I am very scared and this has really taking a toll on my day to day becuase I have this for weeks at a time now.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013