Heavy, fresh blood bleeding on 7th day of period. One ovary removed. Cause?

Today is my 7th day period and i am still having heavy menstrual with fresh blood period. I do not experience any pain. i am an overweight person. in the past many months my periods have always been heavy but would last normally 1 week. over a year ago i also experienced a very heavy one that lasted 24 days of heavy bleeding at that time the period look like dark red blood clots. i am 44 years old and mother of 3 children aged 16 to 21 years of age. One of my ovaries was removed due to growth and the other is still kept intact and BTL done. please advice what are likely to have caused my present condition. thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013