Heavy flow after fitting Mirena, used to have normal light periods earlier. Normal?

I have the Mirena since December I think. Before the Mirena my periods were normal light. But once I got the Mirena I spotted for the first 2 months and then the bleeding stopped. But now every other month or so it has been getting heavier when I bleed. This is the second or third time that I have done this its embarrassing but I have to use 2 extra super tampons just so the blood doesn t run down my leg and I don t have to be changing the tampons every 1/2 hour. is this normal with the Mirena? I m getting a little nervous.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012