Heavy breathing, pain in lungs and throat, ears popping. Is it asthma or any allergy?

hey,from the last 2-3 days I have to gasp after every few breaths, i.e I have to breath hard after every few breaths. And some of the times, I also feel pain in my lungs, probably because they get tired of breathing hard. Although, its gets better when I go to sleep.Secondly, I don t know if it is connected or not, but my ears are also popping a lot. They unpop some of the time as well, but most of the time they are popped.And I have slight pain in my throat too.Could you please suggest what shall I do? Do I need to go to hospital? Is it asthma or some kind of allergy?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012