Heavy bleeding with clots while on active pills. Prescribed marvelon. Will it stop bleeding?

hi, i was on yaz birth control for a cycle but during the 2nd week of the active pills i started bleeding and it was heavy and red as well as clotty. After finishing off all the pills I stopped taking yaz and the bleeding still has not stopped. It is still very heavy and bright red. my doctor told me to go on a different pill and put me on marvelon . What should I do and when should I take it? Will it stop the bleeding? Im worried because Ive been bleeding for 3 weeks straight and the first week was painful and very uncomfortable. Im a university student and its getting in the way of my assignments.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013