Heavy bleeding with clots during pregnancy. Bleeding, spotting continued. Pregnancy test still positive. Possible?

I am 8 weeks pregnant now prior to my LMP.I forgot to say on my first query that when i have a heavy bleeding i passed out big blood clots and tissue like a sac when i investigates it there is a blood clot inside. 2 days after that incidence i ve stiil have mild bleeding/spotting,and check home pregnancy revealed that i am still pregnant. I read the article about the vanishing twin,could it be possible happen to me,I am still waiting for 3 weeks to re-do all the test,but since it was happen it bring discomfort and stress to me
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013