Heavy bleeding with clots during periods, had taken i-pill prior to cycle. Normal?

Me and my GF (24 years old both )had unprotected sex and i even ejected inside. around night 2am and she had taken i- pill Emergency Contraceptive Pills at around 11 am on dec 29th. she got her normal periods in the evening on 8th dec. but on 9th December i got to know from her she is bleeding heavily and she said she is bleeding large clots. she is very much worried and its little complicated here to take her to doc immediately. she is little emotional and talking abnormal. please can you give me the reason and is it normal. Is there any sign of pregnancy or bleeding heavy is normal. Please suggest me any immediate treatment is required or not. Please help me.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013