Heavy bleeding with clots after termination of pregnancy at 5 weeks. Can I have protected sex?

Hi, I was five weeks and one day pregnant (uterine pregnancy, and the embryo had not yet formed) and after consulting a doctor and taking an ultraviolet scan, I was administered the last set of termination pills on 28th July 2012 (Saturday evening). I was heavily and steadily bleeding with what I expect were clots for the first 3 days. then the bleeding reduced to a darkened red colour and less liquid. I m still passing clots. there is hardly any discomfort or pain/nausea/ vomiting . It s now been exactly 8 days since I took the pills and the bleeding is still very scarce with occassional solidified clots, my query is, can I insert a tampon or have protected sex now or am I still prone to infection?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012