Heavy bleeding, prescribed Regestrone. Should I take the medicine?

good evening docs..... I am 44 years old and I am experiencing heavy bleeding alongwith prolonged periods than my regular time.... my doc had prescribed Regestrone for 15 days twice daily in January 2012, and things had calmed down for the time being. But I am yet again facing the same problem... should i again have regestrone for the same time again....
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
in my opinion you are suffering from perimenopausal symptoms and therefore you might have to continue taking cyclic regesterone for regularisation of flow and duration of periods
but get a pelvic ultrasonography for analysation of cavity and endometrial lining of uterus.
Take care and wish you all the best.