Heavy bleeding, diagnosed as dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Home test negative. Can it be false ?

My last normal period was June 24,2012 , july 7 i started spotting which turned into a heavy bleed i went to the er july 13 and they diagnosed me with dysfunctional uterine bleeding and did 2 pregnancy tests urine and blood , its been about 3 weeks now and i am still bleeding , i just took a home pregnancy test and the negative line cme out faint , but still negative , is it possible that its false??
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012