Heavy bleeding days after finishing periods. History of placenta abruption in earlier pregnancy. What could be going on?

Hello. I recently removed my Mirena IUD on December 2nd, 2012 and had a normal cycle that lasted 4 days and ended on January 5, 2013. I took multiple early detection pregnancy tests before my cycle was supposed to start and they were all negative. Then I started my cycle and took that as my final Negative result. Then today 3 days after my period ended, I am bleeding heavily again. With my 3rd pregnancy I was on fragile care bed rest because of a placenta abruption that caused extremely heavy bleeding from 6-20 weeks of my pregnancy. What could be going on here? I have had the IUD 3 times and not once had irregular bleeding afterwards... Could it just be possible this is a continuation of my period??
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013