Heavy bleeding between periods while on birth control

I fell on my butt and it felt like something pushed up on my back. It was really painful at the time but 2 days later I m fine. The problem is that the next day I started bleeding as if I have my period it s been 3 days now. I m on birth control so my period is always on time so I m not suppose to be bleeding for at least 2 more weeks. Is there something wrong?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012
Hello and welcome to health care magic forums.
Since your bleeding started the day after the trauma, we have to rule out injury to the structures in your pelvis. Some of the structures that can get injured are urethra (the tube through which urine come out) or tears in vaginal wall or cervix. So my advice is to visit your O&G specialist and let her have a look. She may order an ultrasound scan of the pelvis as well.
We cannot completely rule out the chance of menstrual bleeding even though it's 2 weeks early. But the most important thing is to ensure that you have no internal injuries.

Hope this discussion will be helpful to you.
Have a great day