Heavy and long periods followed by spotting after a week. What is the cause?

I have always had irregular periods. Recently though I had a very heavy period in which I bled through super tampons in as little as an hour when normally I could only have to change a regular one 2-3 times a day. This recent heavy period was oct 3 to oct 9, lasting longer than what my periods normally do. About a week later I started spotting. The color ranges from black/brown to brown to reddish. The spotting has been going on for over a week now. And there is no chance whatsoever that I am pregnant.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  33 Awaiting Answer