Heaviness in thighs after dancing. Pain radiating to spine. Muscle strain?

I went out dancing and as soon as I made my way to the restrooms, my thighs felt heavy and ached a lot to the point where I was unable to walk up the stairs. I went home and the next morning was even worse and as the day progressed, the pain began to spread up my spine . When I walk my legs sometimes give way causing a knee jerk reaction and I find it extremely painful to get up and down. I know that sometimes you can pull a muscle of strain it in some way from dancing but this pain in my thighs was instant and is spreading to my back. Thank you for your response in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013