Heaviness in foot while walking, numbness or tingling sensation, difficulty walking

when I walk my left foot feels like it is heavy and just plops down as I take steps. Thought it was shoes but bought some new walking shoes and it is still happening. At times it feels numb or tingly while walking and then sometimes I will just get up to walk and it feels like foot fell asleep. Not sure what is causing this and starting to get worried as I love to walk and difficult to do for long periods of time lately.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to go to a neurologist as i think there can be two reason. Either a pinch nerve in spine or at leg which is causing heaviness or it can be due to vitamin B 12 deficiency. A neurologist will be able to guide you. Till that time you should take pregabalin and methylcobalamine .