Heaviness in chest, pain in the neck, arm and chest. No pain after taking aspirin. Was it a heart attack?

I am a 44 yr old female. I woke up 2 nights ago feeling like something heavy was laying across my chest. My neck hurt on the left side, my jaw all the way down thru neck and left arm , and an odd pain in my chest. I got up and took 2 aspirin and a full glass of water, sat up and tried to relax, breathing slowly and deeply. The pressure went away but ever since I am still having pain in my neck down my arm and somewhat dizzy. Could I have had a heart attack . How do they tell if you ve had a heart attack if I were to go to the hospital.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013