Heaviness in bowel area, pressure on bladder, scheduled for hysterectomy. Is it advisable to take hormone injection before surgery?

Hello I am 46 years old and have two fibroids , one is 6cm and one is 4cm, they are causing heaviness in the bowel area, pressure on my bladder etc. I am due to have a hysterectomy in September, getting a bit anxious now. today I am going to be having a hormone injection to start shrinking the fiborids pre surgery! am i doing the right thing? not sure whether my ovaries are staying as one has a 2cm cyst. when I was 15 I had to have an ovarian cyst removed and had a caesarian section with my first child.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  31 Awaiting Answer