Heavily pregnant, losing plug, lower back pain, abdominal cramps going and coming. Signs of labor?

hi im 40 weeks+1 today and (i think) i have been losing my plug over 3 days now but very slowly, i keep getting pains in my lower back (like an aching feeling) and lower abdominal cramp that comes and goes very briefly and also pain down my thighs but this has been happening for a few days now and is just coming and going!? (extremely frustrating) could this be early signs of labour or just wishful thinking??
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013