Heat in cheeks, excessive sweat, redness near ears. Surgery near parotid glands. Suggestion?

I am a 20 year old female and for as long as I can remember I have a curious condition - when I eat or sometimes just smell citrus fruits (oranges, mandarines) I almost instantly feel heat on my cheeks, blush and begin to sweat on my cheeks and nose. I've read about the Frey syndrome, but I don't think this is the case, because I've never had surgery (this disorder often occurs as a result of surgery in the area near the parotid glands), the redness isn't in the area adjacent to the ears (but where blushing usualy occurs - on the cheekbones under the eyes) and my sweating isn't at all excessive - very small sweat drops appear on my nose and cheeks (bearly noticeable even if someone takes a closer look). I don't have this kind of reaction with any other food and I sweat normally, but I eat a lot of sweets and other fruits. I'm not concerned or anything, but no one I know and even my doctor has never heard of symptoms like this and I'm curious what this is and what is it's neurological (medical) explanation

Best regards
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013