Heartburn, burning sensation in stomach and esophagus, painful chest. Taking tums, rolaids. Is it indigestion?

Hi I am wondering why I sometimes get a sharp pain in my chest when I drink pop. I do not normally drink pop (maybe once a month). I get heartburn and indigestion mixed up. When I eat certain food I get a burning feeling in my stomach and esophagus, I believe this is heartburn. I take tums or Rolaids for this and everything is good. But what I am not experiencing is a sharp pain in the chest. I am not sure if this is indigestion or not. It feels like I might have to burp or there is just pressure in my chest and upper throat. When I take a tum or Rolaid for this it never goes away. This lasts for about 30 minutes or more. Please help
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013