Heartburn attack, severe chest pain, feeling of something stuck in chest and throat, heavy salivation. Cause and cure?

Last night I had what I call a heartburn attack. I could feel it coming on. It was awful chest pain a feeling of something stuck in throat or chest, like wen you eat peanut butter too fast I also had tons of saliva I had to keep spitting it out. The pain was intense I was crying. Drinking water hurt. It lasted about 30 minutes.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Heavy salivation is usually caused by vagus nerve stimulation due to some stomach issue. You could feel it as a nausea. Other symptoms also indicate some stomach or esophageal issues. It can be peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation, Helicobacter Pylori infection, esophagus inflammation. In some cases such symptoms can also indicate stomach or esophageal cancer. That is why it is very important to do not ignore them.
I suggest you to visit your doctor and have abdominal ultrasound, blood work, ECG and gastroscopy done.

In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, fried foods, coffee, sweats, soft drinks. DO not eat before sleeping and try to place your head little bit higher when sleeping.

Hope this will help.
Regards.
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
ITCAN BE RELATED TO DIGESTIVE SYSTEM ORGAN LIKE STOMACH PANCREAS GALL BLADDER LIVER OR APPENDIX ALL HAS SAME SYMPTOMPS
AND REFLUX OESOPHAGITIS
GET ULTRASOUND ABDOMEN TO CLEAR AND CONSULT GASTROENTEROLOGIST FOR TREATMENT
TILL USE NON OILY NON SPICY NON GREESY FOOD
LOT OF WARM WATER
ANTISPASMODIC FOR PAIN SOS
ANTACID AND DIGESTIVE ENZYMES