Heart working less, family history of blood clots, on drug induced coma. Chances of survival?

My friend had something like a heart attack the doctors are unsure. They say his heart is working only 30% and that he has a family history of blood clots. They say they have never seen anyone survive this. They also saying maybe a virus from a cold attacked his heart and cause it to expand. They put him in a drug induced coma and dropped his temp to 32c they are going to warm him back up today 24hrs later his bp was 151/101 and his heart rate was 71 but they said it went up so I m not sure to what
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013