Heart weakness. ECHO test shows enlarged left ventricle, low EF. Bariatric surgery required?

Hello, in seeking clearance for bariatric surgery , I had an echo. Result was low ef and enlarged left ventrical. I was then given a nuclear stress test. Preliminary confirmed a weakened heart . I have to return next week to consult with my regular doctor and get the full report. does this mean that I may not get clearance for bariatric surgery? Also, what is the prognosis? Will I ever be able to have an active normal lifestyle? Will I have to take medication for life? Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012