Heart rate rapid, over weight. What is going on?

Hi, I am 164 pounds and 26 years old (female). I took the stairs up to the third floor when i normally take the elevator. But I was in a hurry. About three minutes later at least, I went back down and settled at a desk. I checked as my heart rate 104 and it took a long time for it to at least get back in the 90s.

I do understand that I am out of shape, my BMI was like 25 or 28 and I am currently getting my weight under control. What's ironic is that during walking or aerobics, my heart is fine and does not take a long time to settle down.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013