Heart rate high. Unable to sleep, close eyes after drinking red wine, completely sober. Reason?

I have a question if the following is possible. Basically what is happening is might heart rate has been about 20 beats per minute higher then usual, and I have had problems getting to sleep. In fact last night I had a full bottle of red wine in a 4 hour period. This would usually knock me out. Not only could I not get to sleep but I could barely keep my eyes closed. They would just keep popping open. Within 2 hours of drinking I am basically completely sober, or at least thats how it feels. Usually I would feel like crap for about 12 hours. Its basically like I am on some type of amphetamine . There is no way this is caused by anxiety or something. That might explain occasional sleep issues but not this soberness I have after drinking. I don t have shakes or large pupils like if I was on speed or something. So my question is what type of chemical could this be in my system and what possible ways could it be getting in. I have ruled out food and drink. So it is either some type of airborne or contact through the skin?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013